Tackling a Changing Chinese Market, Shanghai, 8 June 2017
If you have any queries please contact our Web Support Team
CBBC is collaborating with the EU SME Centre to bring you an event discussing how to best tackle a changing Chinese market.
Chris Cheung, Director from the EU SME Centre, will present on:
- China’s economic review and outlook
- Reactions from European business community
- Emerging opportunities and challenges for European small businesses: strategic emerging industries, government initiatives, regional growth and changing Chinese consumers
- Advice for European SMEs in doing business in China
- Case studies
Junchao Zhang, Director from CBBC, will present on:
- The policy highlights and potential opportunities related to sectors for the 7 new Free Trade Zones—— Liaoning, Zhejiang, Henan, Hubei, Sichuan, Chongqing and Shannxi
- A comparison across different Free Trade Zones
Ingrid Ge, Economist from CBBC, will present on:
- General introduction to the One Belt and One Road Initiative;
- Introduction of CBBC’s new Belt & Road report on the BRI’s southern routes:
-Key developments along the BRI’s southern routes;
-Key sectors with opportunities for UK businesses in the BRI;
-Key provinces in South China.
Chris Cheung, Director, EU SME Centre, an expert in market research, market entry strategy, and business management
Chris has been identifying market opportunities and providing market access advice to European companies entering the Chinese market for the past ten years. As the Director at the EU SME Centre, Chris leads an international team of experts in providing practical, up-to-date business advice in a wide range of industries including ICT, renewable energy and food and beverages.
Junchao Zhang, Assistant Director, Research & Consultancy, China-Britain Business Council
Junchao is CBBC’s most senior researcher in China, where he guides the research of project managers in all 13 offices. He has extensive experience in the automotive, marine, environmental and industrial sectors. He is the national sector lead for advanced engineering, and CBBC China’s key contact for advice on company incorporation.
Ingrid Ge, Economist, China-Britain Business Council
Ingrid holds two Master's degrees and focuses on analysing China's macroeconomic issues. She has more than 10 years' consulting experience in international trade and regulations.
14:00 Opening & CBBC Welcome
14:10 Chris Cheung: Tackling a Changing Chinese Market
15:00 Ingrid Ge: Key Developments and Sectors with Opportunities from the Belt and Road Initiative
15:20 Junchao Zhang: The Policy Highlights and Potential Opportunities Related to Free Trade Zones
15:35 Q & A
16:00 Networking & Refreshments