UK university partners wanted by a university town in Sichuan
A university town in Sichuan is looking for UK university partners to set up joint programmes or institutes with Chinese universities.
You should be a UK university or institute willing to set up joint-programmes and which can award Bachelor’s degrees in the area of new materials..
The university in Yibin would like to discuss potential cooperation models with interested UK partners in more detail.
It was authorised by China’s Ministry of Education in May 2001 as a comprehensive university under the direct administration of Sichuan province.
It is also interested in developing courses such as:
- rail transit
- NEVs (Neighbourhood Electric Vehicles)
- intelligent manufacturing
- general aviation
- new materials
- energy conservation and environmental protection
- medical apparatus
- shale gas
The most favourable model for cooperation for the above courses is an independent legal entity. However, joint-run colleges and joint-run programmes are also welcome.
The university also:
- has 18 schools covering 9 fields of study, including: literature, science, engineering, management, economics, law, education, art, and agriculture
- the New Material Technology Institute is a newly established department of the university. It currently focuses on research projects but will aim to have degree programmes in the future
- has 16,000 students and a faculty of 1,118
- is ranked number 519 nationally, and number 22 in Sichuan Province in 2017
Yibin is located in the south of Sichuan. It ranks second in terms of tax revenue, and third in terms of fiscal revenue in Sichuan province. Currently, within the university town, the Yibin Liquor College of Sichuan University of Science and Engineering has finished construction and enrolled around 8,000 students. The university town also signed a strategic cooperation agreement with eight Chinese universities to establish research institutes.
The university town aims to encourage well-known Chinese and UK universities to establish educational institutions in cooperation with the Yibin government so as to foster top-quality undergraduates. Students will be able to receive a Bachelor’s degree from both Chinese and UK universities.
Are you interested? Please click the below link to apply: