Take this opportunity to meet with a buyer from Netease Kaola, China’s largest cross-border e-commerce platform and the British House in Beijing – a multi-brand concept store showcasing premium British brands . Kaola - is a leading platform with a focus on specific sub-categories. Kaola and the British House already work with a variety of UK brands. Unlike other e-tailers in China, Kaola generally works on a stock purchase model while the British House offers a prestige platform for brand building and marketing through their store where customers browse items they like and order online.
Main product categories for this Meet the China Buyer opportunity include: (non-exhaustive):
- Organic pre-packaged food and drink (both buyers)
- Tea, snacks and confectionary (both buyers)
- Health foods (both buyers)
- Beer and spirits (The British House only)
- MUST have IP protection in China
- Shelf life of minimum of 10 months
- Some brand awareness or penetration into China is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
- Both brand owners and wholesalers are welcome. If a wholesaler then they must have permission to sell the products into the Chinese market.
- UK certifications or awards are a distinct advantage
Please note that you must own your Chinese trademark and other relevant IP (patents etc if relevant) to apply for this opportunity. While it is possible to trade cross-border without this protection it is not advisable and carries considerable risk. Applying for this opportunity indicates that you accept that condition and are willing to have information shared with Netease Kaola and the British House.
Brands apply with the information required in the Application Form below and then the applications are filtered for suitability and shared with both buyers. The buyers will then select which brands/wholesalers to meet and we will confirm meetings with those selected by 5/05/18.
Meeting format: Individual confidential meetings lasting 30 minutes
Costs: Members Free, Non-Members £30+VAT
Venue: China-Britain Business Council, 3rd Floor, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BH